The Gift House,
a historic Seaman’s Chaplaincy.
Entire house , Isle of Portland
The Gift House is a historic Seaman’s Chaplaincy, a 3 storey late Georgian stone house. All our BIG BRIGHT BEDROOMS come with panoramic sea view and are PERFECT FOR SUNSET WATCHING.
Having located in the middle of island village, the house is 5 mins walk to beaches, 17th century pub, restaurants, cafe, grocery shop and post office.
Coastal walks, cycling, swimming , rock climbing, sea fishing, diving, kayaking, sailing, paddling, windsurf, horse riding, tennis, and museum are all nearby.
WHY The Gift House?
Although it’s a handsome old building, we can’t deny its easy to find another better looking one. However for the sunset views you get inside the house – can’t beat that.
･Living room with panoramic sea view
･10 seater dinning room with panoramic sea view
･Fully equipped kitchen
･Fully equipped utility room
･Conservatory with pet bed
･Secure private garden with picnic benches
･King bedroom with panoramic sea view
･Twin bedroom with panoramic sea view
･King bedroom with crib and panoramic sea view
･Twin bedroom with panoramic sea view
Others to take note:
• Extra charge will automatically added for group more than 8 people (max 9), £12 per night if the person no.9 need a bed (single)
• Free street parking
• Please request with pets info if there is any
• Due to working fireplace and stairs without safety gates, renter to ensure safe supervision of all children
• You can find a swinging crib with mattress on 1st floor king bedroom, please bring your own crib bedding if needed.
• A bus stop is 1 minute walk from the house, get bus no.1 which connects the island to Weymouth train station. Or catch Jurassic Coaster bus on summer which run along Jurassic Coast.
• There is a park with tennis court opposite the house, perfect for a quick dog walk too.
• Contact us for discount on longer stay
• Contact us for cleaning service during your stay (extra fee)
Bedroom 1 : 1 x King bed + Sea view / first floor
Bedroom 2 : 2 x Single beds + Sea view / first floor
Bedroom 3 : 1 x King bed + 1 Baby crib + Sea view / 2nd floor
Bedroom 4 : 2 x Single beds + Sea view / 2nd floor
Security deposit will be taken if you broke any house rule:
- No smoking, parties, or events
- Strictly pets are to be kept away from living room and upstairs, as they are with carpets, rugs and soft cushions etc. Pease also clean your pets hair, smell and stuff before leaving.
- Due to working fireplace and staircase without safety gate, renter are to ensure safe supervision of all children.
- Do not leave rubbish outside the house, seagulls will tear them apart
- Extra charge applied for each guest has stayed than actually booked without approval from us
- Use fireplace in living room only and do not leave fire alone without supervisor. Always keep an eye on the fire
The house has everything you need
Wifi / Indoor Fireplace / Smart TV / FREE street parking around house / Heating / Family board games / Towels / Bedding / Books / Vinyl records player
Wardrobe with hangers / Dressing tables / Dryer / Blackout curtain
Fully equipped kitchen
Double oven / Hobs / Dish washer / Toaster / Microwave / Kettle / All necessary kitchen utensils & accessories
Fully equipped utility room
Washing machine / Tumble dryer / Iron / Fridge
Mainline trains every 35mins from London Waterloo to Weymouth (3hours).
From Weymouth Train Station
-Bus no.1 from King Statue (Stop K4) takes you to Verne Common Road (20mins)
-1mins walk from the house, or go by minicab for about £10.
Local Busses no.1
Local busses can get you to all the interesting places to visit. (1 way £2:50/ day ticket £4)
Security Deposit & Cancellation
£250 Security Deposit
You won’t be charged unless we files a claim within 7 days of your checkout.
No refund if cancel within 60 days before arrival. Full refund otherwise
However please contact us on a difficult situation
Guest Access & Safety Features
The whole house is yours except some store rooms.
Guest self check in with lockbox, we will message you the password of the lockbox a day before your arrival.
Smoke detector and Carbon monoxide detector
To know more about Isle of Portland, click here
What can I do around Portland?
For What to do on the island or around Dorset, click here
p/s: There is a park opposite the house with children playground and tennis court, you can also walk your dog in the park for poo…
Exact location information is provided after a booking is confirmed.
The Owner, Ross & Xian
Hi, we are Ross and Xian. Ross is an award winning architect and I am a designer (good combination huh). We think the house is absolutely beautiful and we hope you think the same too .)