The Gift House,
a historic Seaman’s Chaplaincy.
Entire house , Isle of Portland
The Gift House is a spacious late Georgian stone house with 180° panoramic sea view – perfect for sunset watching. Having located in the middle of island village, its within 5 mins walk to beach, pubs, grocery shop and restaurants. The house is a 3 storey building and has everything you need for an unforgettable holiday:
• Ground Floor
・Sea view lounge with smart TV, fireplace and vinyl record player
・10 seater sea view dinning room with books and family games
・Fully equipped kitchen with ovens, microwave and dish washer
・Utility room with washing machine, tumble dryer and iron
・Conservatory with pet bed
・Secure private garden with picnic benches
• First Floor
・Sea view king bedroom
・Sea view twin bedroom
・Sea view landing
• 2nd Floor
・Sea view king bedroom with crib
・Sea view twin bedroom with extra folding bed
• Historic stone house with some original features
• Spacious room with 180° Panoramic Seaview
• Sunset view
• Overlooking Chesil Beach and Fleet Lagoon
• Plenty free street parking
• Located in the middle of island village
• 5 mins walk to beach, grocery shop, pubs and restaurants
• Bedding and towels are included
• A bus stop is 1 minute walk from the house, which connects the island to Weymouth train station.
– Check in time: 3-11pm
– Check out time: 11am
– No smoking in the house
– No party or event in the house
– Outdoor shoes on ground floor only
– Strictly pet(s) on ground floor only
– Strictly use the fireplace in the lounge only
– Do not leave rubbish outside the property, seagulls will tear them apart
– Extra charge applied for more guests stay than actually booked
– May not be suitable for infants or toddlers due to working fireplace and staircase. Renter to ensure safe supervision of all children.
Plenty of spaces for street parking around the house for FREE
You can find a swinging crib with mattress in 2nd floor king bedroom, bring your own crib bedding if needed.
The house has everything you need
Wifi / Indoor Fireplace / Smart TV / FREE street parking around house / Heating / Family board games / Towels / Bedding / Books / Vinyl records player
Wardrobe with hangers / Dressing tables / Dryer / Blackout curtain
Fully equipped kitchen
Double oven / Hobs / Dish washer / Toaster / Microwave / Kettle / All necessary kitchen utensils & accessories
Fully equipped utility room
Washing machine / Tumble dryer / Iron / Fridge
Mainline trains every 35mins from London Waterloo to Weymouth (3hours).
From Weymouth Train Station
-Bus no.1 from King Statue (Stop K4) takes you to Verne Common Road (20mins)
-1mins walk from the house, or go by minicab for about £10.
Local Busses no.1
Local busses can get you to all the interesting places to visit. (1 way £2:50/ day ticket £4)
Security Deposit & Cancellation
£300 Security Deposit
You won’t be charged unless we files a claim within 7 days of your checkout.
60 days cancelation: 50% refund up until 60 days prior arrival
Cleaning fees are always refunded if the guest did not check in.
Guest Access & Safety Features
The whole house is yours except some store rooms.
Guest self check in with lockbox, we will message you the password of the lockbox a day before your arrival.
Smoke detector and Carbon monoxide detector
To know more about Isle of Portland, click here
What can I do around Portland?
For What to do on the island or around Dorset, click here
p/s: There is a park opposite the house with children playground and tennis court, you can also walk your dog in the park for poo…
Exact location information is provided after a booking is confirmed.
The Owner, Ross & Xian
Hi, we are Ross and Xian. Ross is an award winning architect and I am a designer (good combination huh). We think the house is absolutely beautiful and we hope you think the same too .)